|Work Type||Operational Improvements|
|Limits||5 Locations in Hillsborough and Pasco counties|
|Project Start||Design Underway/Construction Start Early 2020|
|Estimated Completion||Summer 2020|
|Contractor||Ajax Paving Industries of Florida, LLC|
This design-build project will provide operational improvements by modifying the turning radii for freight trucks at five locations in Hillsborough and Pasco counties.
Type of modification and location:
- Median modification at SR 54 and Merchant Avenue in Pasco County: Modifying the "pork chop" median by pulling back the median on the east side of the intersection.
- Curve radius modification at US 301 and Mango Road in Hillsborough County: Improving the northbound US 301 to southbound Mango Road curve radius.
- Curve radii modifications at US 98 and Old Lakeland Highway Frontage Road in Pasco County: Improving the northbound Old Lakeland Highway Frontage Road To eastbound US 98 curve radius and westbound US 98 to southbound Old Lakeland Highway Frontage Road curve radius.
- Curve radius and striping modifications at SR 60 and Bayport Drive in Hillsborough County: Modifying the northwest and southwest corner curve radius and sidewalk on the west side of the intersection of SR 60 at Bayport Drive.
- Median modification and truck turn-out at SR 39 and SR 39A in Hillsborough County: Constructing a raised island in the median and adding a paved bulb-out for truck making a northbound u-turn at this intersection.
Design is underway, construction is expected to start in early 2020.
- There are no lane closures at this time.