FINAL ACCEPTED ON APRIL 25, 2019
The Florida Department of Transportation's contractor, Pepper Contracting Services, Inc. is widening SR 60 (Adamo Drive) from east of US 301 to the west of Falkenburg Road in Brandon.
As part of this project, the contractor will be making the following improvements:
- widening the roadway to a six (6) lane divided road with medians
- constructing a retention pond and adding a new drainage system
- installing new sidewalks to both sides of the roadway
- and re-striping the roadway for bike lanes
To meet current FDOT standards, some of the median openings will be changed. Left turns from eastbound and westbound SR 60 will be allowed at Currie Davis Drive, Phillip Lee Boulevard, and the Salvation Army Family Store. Left turns from westbound SR 60 will be allowed at Wayne Place.
Construction began May of 2017 and is expected to finish in early 2019.
This project has been combined with the repaving of SR 60 between Falkenburg Road and Lake Kathy Drive (Project Number 434738-2-52-01) which was completed in December 2017.
- There are no lane closures at this time.