THIS PROJECT WAS ACCEPTED ON OCTOBER 11, 2018.
The Florida Department of Transportation’s contractor, Preferred Materials, Inc., is repaving approximately 1.2 miles of SR 60 (Kennedy Boulevard/Jackson Street) and US Business 41 (Nebraska Avenue) from Brevard Avenue to Meridian Avenue in Downtown Tampa.
Other improvements include:
- Upgrading sidewalks and curb ramps
- Constructing curb extensions
- Changing the number of travel lanes and on-street parking spaces at select locations
- Adding a new two-way protected bike lane (cycle track) along Jackson Street
- Adding a new traffic signal with pedestrian crossing at Jackson St. and Governor St.
Work continues along Jackson Street as crews perform drainage and sidewalk construction.
Construction activities and lane closures are occurring during daytime and nighttime hours. Access to driveways and side streets are being maintained.
This project is being constructed in segments:
- Kennedy Boulevard from Brevard Street to Ashley Drive
- Ashley Drive from Kennedy Boulevard to Jackson Street
- Jackson Street from Ashley Drive to Meridian Avenue
- Nebraska Avenue from Jackson Street to Kennedy Boulevard
- Kennedy Boulevard from Nebraska Avenue to Meridian Avenue
- There are no lane closures at this time.