|Work Type||Operational Improvements|
|Limits||5 Locations in Hillsborough and Pasco counties|
|Project Start||February 2020|
|Estimated Completion||Summer 2020|
|Contractor||Ajax Paving Industries of Florida, LLC|
This design-build project will provide operational improvements by modifying the turning radii for freight trucks at five locations in Hillsborough and Pasco counties.
Type of modifications and locations:
- SR 54 at Merchant Avenue in Pasco County: Modifying the median by extending the length of the eastbound turning radius from southbound Merchant Avenue onto eastbound SR 54.
To expedite this work, left-turn movements from Merchant Avenue onto SR 54 will be restricted for approximately 30 days, weather permitting.
- US 301 at Mango Road in Hillsborough County: Improving the curve radius from northbound US 301 onto southbound Mango Road.
- US 98 at Old Lakeland Highway Frontage Road in Pasco County: Improving the curve radii from northbound Old Lakeland Highway Frontage Road onto eastbound US 98 and from westbound US 98 onto southbound Old Lakeland Highway Frontage Road.
- SR 60 at Bayport Drive in Hillsborough County: Modifying the striping and curve radius at northwest and southwest corners of SR 60 at Bayport Drive.
- SR 39 at SR 39A in Hillsborough County: Constructing a raised island in the median and adding a paved bulb-out for freight trucks making a northbound U-turn at this intersection.
Construction activities and lane closures will occur nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Construction is expected to finish during the summer of 2020.
- There are no lane closures at this time.