|Work Type||Safety Improvements|
|Limits||south of Fowler Ave & south of 113th Ave|
|Project Start||Design Underway/Construction Starts Summer 2020|
|Estimated Completion||Late 2020|
|Contractor||Ajax Paving Industries of Florida|
The Florida Department of Transportation's Design-Build Firm, Ajax Paving Industries of Florida, is making safety improvements that include the construction of mid-block crosswalks with ground-mounted Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons (RRFB) at two locations along US 41 (Nebraska Avenue) just south of Fowler Avenue and south of 113th Avenue in Hillsborough County.
- installation of mid-block crosswalks with raised traffic separators and pedestrian refuges
- installation of RRFBs
- installation of new roadway lighting
- upgrading existing roadway lighting to LED
- adding signage and necessary pavement markings
Motorists should expect intermittent daytime and nighttime lane closures.
This project is in the design phase, construction is expected to start the summer of 2020.
- There are no lane closures at this time.