|Work Type||Safety Improvements|
|Limits||south of Fowler Ave & south of 113th Ave|
|Project Start||September 2020|
|Estimated Completion||Late 2020|
|Contractor||Ajax Paving Industries of Florida|
The Florida Department of Transportation's Design-Build Firm, Ajax Paving Industries of Florida, is making safety improvements that include the construction of mid-block crosswalks with ground-mounted Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons (RRFB) at two locations along US 41 (Nebraska Avenue) just south of Fowler Avenue and south of 113th Avenue in Hillsborough County.
- installation of mid-block crosswalks with raised traffic separators and pedestrian refuges
- installation of RRFBs
- installation of new roadway lighting
- upgrading existing roadway lighting to LED
- adding signage and necessary pavement markings
Motorists should expect intermittent daytime and nighttime lane closures.
This project is expected to finish in late 2020.
- There are no lane closures at this time.