|Work Type||Interchange Improvements|
|Limits||I-75 Interchange at CR 672 (Big Bend Rd) Exit 246|
|Project Start||December 2021|
|Construction Cost||$81.7 million|
|Estimated Completion||Summer 2025|
|Contractor||Skanska USA Civil Southeast, Inc.|
Due to the rapid growth in the South County area, the Florida Department of Transportation has partnered with Hillsborough County to develop long-term solutions to help alleviate traffic congestion by reconstructing the I-75 interchange at CR 672 (Big Bend Road) Exit 246.
Improvements on this design-build project include:
- adding a new northbound I-75 entrance ramp from westbound Big Bend Road
- adding a new southbound I-75 exit ramp to westbound Big Bend Road
- increasing the storage area at the base of the northbound I-75 exit ramp by adding a left turn lane onto westbound Big Bend Road
- extending the southbound I-75 exit ramp lane approaching Big Bend Road and adding dual right-turn lanes will be to westbound Big Bend Road
- adding a triple right-turn lane controlled by a signal from the southbound I-75 exit ramp to eastbound Big Bend Road
- adding signalized dual left-turn movements from westbound Big Bend Road to southbound I-75 and eastbound Big Bend Road to northbound to NB I-75
- widening Big Bend Road between Covington Garden Drive and Simmons Loop from a 4-lane divided road to 6 lanes and include enhanced pedestrian, bicycle, and bus facilities
- rebuilding Old Big Bend Road and Big Bend Road bridges
Construction activities are estimated to finish summer 2025.
To receive construction updates and traffic alerts via email, be sure to subscribe above.
CR 672 (Big Bend Road) from west of Kings Lake Drive to the I-75 overpass
Lane closures: Monday, January 17 through Saturday, January 22 from 9:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.