This design-build project is making safety improvements to the intersection of Dale Mabry Highway and Sunlake Boulevard in Lutz, Hillsborough County.
- adding a new traffic signal this intersection
- widening of the existing northbound Dale Mabry Highway left-turn lane onto Sunlkae Boulevard to dual left-turn lanes
- extending the right-turn lane from Sunlake Boulevard onto southbound Dale Mabry Highway to Geraci Road
- milling/resurfacing and widening of Sunlake Boulevard to accommodate two northbound lanes and two southbound lanes
- other improvements include: adding pedestrian crosswalks, sidewalks, lighting, driveway reconstruction, and all necessary signs and pavement markings
Construction is expected to finish in fall of 2021.
Task numbers 31 and 32 have been combined with Task 30 resulting in one single project.
SR 597 (Dale Mabry Highway) intersection improvements at Sunlake Boulevard
Lane closures: Monday, April 19 through Friday, April 23 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.