Click to view the Virtual Open house Tour
This project will widen US 41 between SR 44 and the Withlacoochee Trail bridge from a two-lane roadway to a four-lane divided road with bike lanes and sidewalks. New traffic signals will be installed at the intersections of US 41 and Montgomery Ave. and US 41 and the Inverness Regional Mall.
Design activities, including right-of-way acquisitions, are underway. Construction is anticipated to begin in 2023.
The improvements on this project include:
- Add one lane in each direction
- Add a median separation
- Provide bicycle lanes adjacent to travel lane in each direction
- Provide sidewalks on both sides
- Provide a shared used path to connect sidewalks to the Withlacoochee State Trail (WST) at the north end of the project. The WST will not be impacted by this project.
- Add lighting to all signalized intersections
- Add a dedicated left turn lane for the southbound traffic to Inverness Middle School
- There are no closures at this time.