Click to view the Virtual Open house Tour
This project is widenening US 41 from SR 44 (W Main Street) to south of the bridge over the Withlacoochee State Trail from a two-lane roadway to a four-lane divided road with bike lanes and sidewalks. New traffic signals will be installed at a realigned intersection of US 41 / Montgomery Avenue /Zephyr Street and at the US 41 intersection at the Inverness Regional shopping center. Signal upgrades will be made at the US 41 / SR 44 intersection.
The improvements on this project include:
- Add one lane in each direction.
- Add a median separation.
- Add street lighting to all signalized intersections.
- Provide bicycle lanes adjacent to travel lane in each direction.
- Provide sidewalks on both sides.
- Pedestrian safety upgrades at intersections.
- Add a dedicated left turn lane for the southbound traffic going to Inverness Middle School.
- Provide a shared used path to connect sidewalks to the Withlacoochee State Trail (WST) at the north end of the project. The WST will not be impacted by this project.
TRAFFIC NEWS >>> PERMANENT CLOSURE
The Talmage Avenue connection at the westbound SR 44 ramp to northbound US 41 was closed permanently on Monday, October 30, 2023.
- There are no closures at this time.