Construction is underway on the I-275 corridor to improve operations of the I-275 / SR 60 interchange and I-275 from east of the Howard Frankland Bridge to Lois Avenue. These improvements are designed to provide congestion relief by adding lanes to I-275.
Here are the planned improvements:
- Add a lane in both directions of I-275 between the exit ramps to SR 60 and the entrance ramps from SR 60
- Add a lane to the northbound I-275 exit ramp to SR 60
- Remove the merge from the eastbound SR 60 loop ramp onto northbound I-275 by adding a lane onto I-275
- Add a lane and noise wall barrier on northbound I-275 between West Shore Boulevard and Lois Avenue
- Widen the ramp from SR 60 onto southbound I-275
This project is a design-build project, which means that an overall concept of the design was put out to bid with many design requirements specified in a Request for Proposals. The successful contractor was chosen from a number of qualified firms bidding on the contract based on a design that met the requirements and is the most economical to construct. The contracting team that was selected is responsible for the final design (with its own or contracted licensed engineers) under the same contract time that includes the construction. This allows the contractor to begin working on specific items of work as portions of the design are completed and approved. Construction work was underway as of June 2019.
John McShaffrey, APR
Eastbound SR 60 entrance ramp to northbound I-275 to be closed Sunday night
Tampa, FL -- The eastbound SR 60 entrance ramp onto northbound I-275 will be closed from 9 p.m. Sunday, July 12 to 5 a.m. Monday, July 13, weather permitting.
DETOUR for eastbound SR 60 onto northbound I-275: Traffic will travel past the closed entrance ramp and continue east on Kennedy Boulevard/SR 60 to Lois Avenue. At Lois Avenue, drivers will turn left and go north to the entrance ramp onto northbound I-275.