This project will install Dynamic Envelopes at multiple railroad crossings in Pasco and Hernando counties
The crossings include;
- SR 597 / Dale Mabry Hwy at US 41 (Land O Lakes)
- US 41 north of SR 52
- SR 575 / Trilby Rd (Lacoochee)
- US 41 / Broad St (Brooksville)
- SR 50 / Cortez Blvd (Brooksville)
- SR 50 / Cortez Blvd (Ridge Manor)
- SR 50A / Jefferson St. (Brooksville)
- US 98 north of Brooksville
Dynamic envelopes are roadway markings used to increase safe stopping behavior and safety for both vehicular and pedestrian traffic at grade rail crossings. These markings indicate the clearance needed for trains to safely pass.
By keeping vehicles outside of the dynamic envelopes, fewer vehicles will be stopped too close to or actually on the tracks, thereby reducing the danger to vehicles, occupants, train crews, passengers and bystanders.
The goal is to positively influence driver behavior and reduce the number of incidents and injuries sustained at rail crossings.
The project began in October 2020. All of the above locations should be completed in the spring 2021.
- There are no closures at this time.