This project will improve the safety and operations of the I-275/I-4 interchange in downtown Tampa. Improvements include
- widening the existing single lane ramp from southbound I-275 to eastbound I-4 to two lanes
- widening the existing single lane ramp from westbound I-4 to northbound I-275 to two lanes,
- widening the existing two lane ramp from westbound I-4 to southbound I-275 to three lanes.
Additional improvements include
- changing the eastbound exit ramps from I-4 into Ybor City/ East Tampa by providing access at 14th/15th streets instead of 21st/ 22nd streets,
- widening the the existing eastbound frontage road (13th Ave) to two lanes,
- adding an additional merge lane on northbound I-275 between I-4 and the DR. MLK exit,
- widening the shoulders on southbound I-275 between Palm Avenue and Jefferson St.
- shifting the exit ramp from southbound I-275 into downtown Tampa to the west of the current alignment.
Construction is anticipated to begin in 2023.
FDOT project numbers 445057-1, 445056-1 and 445056-2 have been combined into a single construction contract. All updates and alerts will be posted on this page.
Mary Lou Godfrey
- There are no lane closures at this time.