Click to view Tampa's Downtown Interchange video.
The Downtown Tampa Interchange project will improve safety and operations of the I-275/I-4 interchange in Tampa.
- widening the existing single lane ramp from southbound I-275 to eastbound I-4 to two lanes
- widening the existing single lane ramp from westbound I-4 to northbound I-275 to two lanes
- widening the existing two-lane ramp from westbound I-4 to southbound I-275 to three lanes
- changing the eastbound exit ramps from I-4 into Ybor City/East Tampa by providing access at 14th/15th streets instead of 21st/ 22nd streets
- widening the existing eastbound frontage road (13th Avenue) to two lanes
- adding an additional merge lane on northbound I-275 between I-4 and the Martin Luther King Jr. exit
- widening the shoulders on southbound I-275 between Palm Avenue and Jefferson Street
- shifting the exit ramp from southbound I-275 into downtown Tampa to the west of the current alignment
Preliminarily construction activities are to begin in spring 2023, with more significant work to follow summer 2023.
FDOT project numbers 445057-1, 445056-1 and 445056-2 have been combined into a single construction contract. All updates and alerts will be posted on this page.
*Construction cost includes original construction contract amount plus approved contract changes. It does not include inspection oversite.
- There are no closures at this time.