The Downtown Tampa Interchange project will improve safety and operations of the I-275/I-4 interchange in Tampa. Improvements include:
- widening the existing single lane ramp from southbound I-275 to eastbound I-4 to two lanes
- widening the existing single lane ramp from westbound I-4 to northbound I-275 to two lanes
- widening the existing two-lane ramp from westbound I-4 to southbound I-275 to three lanes
- changing the eastbound exit ramps from I-4 into Ybor City/East Tampa by providing access at 14th/15th streets instead of 21st/ 22nd streets
- widening the existing eastbound frontage road (13th Avenue) to two lanes
- adding an additional merge lane on northbound I-275 between I-4 and the Martin Luther King Jr. exit
- widening the shoulders on southbound I-275 between Palm Avenue and Jefferson Street
- shifting the exit ramp from southbound I-275 into downtown Tampa to the west of the current alignment
Construction activities are estimated to finish in 2027.
To receive construction updates and traffic alerts via email, be sure to subscribe above.
FDOT project numbers 445057-1, 445056-1 and 445056-2 have been combined into a single construction contract. All updates and alerts will be posted on this page.
*Construction cost includes original construction contract amount plus approved contract changes. It does not include inspection oversite.
I-275 southbound ramp (Exit 45A) to Jefferson Street
Lane closure: Tuesday, September 26 through Thursday, September 28 nights from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.