|Work Type||Interchange reconstruction, sidewalk and shared use path connectivity, and reconnection of local streets under I-275|
|Limits||I-275 from the Howard Frankland Bridge to east of Lois Avenue, SR 60 from I-275 to N of Spruce Street|
|Length||I-275 (3mi), SR 60 (1.2mi|
|Design Cost||$10M funded for the planning phase|
This project will fully reconstruct Tampa’s Westshore Interchange (I-275/SR 60) with a modern design and added capacity with general use and express lanes. The updated design includes flyover ramps providing better traffic operations by replacing the existing loop ramp from westbound SR 60 to northbound I-275.
Additional improvements include:
- Direct express lane connections to Tampa International Airport, Courtney Campbell Causeway, Independence Parkway, Veteran’s Expressway, towards downtown Tampa and the Howard Frankland Bridge.
- Construct a two-lane flyover from the Howard Frankland Bridge to westbound SR 60 towards the Tampa International Airport.
- Add a new on-ramp from Reo Street to southbound I-275.
- Construct the northbound I-275 general-purpose lanes and construct a two-lane flyover from eastbound SR 60 and Tampa International Airport to northbound I-275, replace the existing loop ramp.
- Reconnect three local roadways under I-275 at Reo Street, Occident Street, and Trask Street to help improve local traffic circulation.
Once complete, the express lanes will provide drivers with a new choice and reliable travel times across Tampa Bay and the Veterans Expressway.
The design will also accommodate future transit within the median of I-275.
The construction contract for the Westshore Interchange Reconstruction Project has been awarded to the Superior-Lane Joint Venture.
Construction activities are anticipated to begin in 2024.
Mary Lou Godfrey
- There are no closures at this time.