COMPLETED ON NOVEMBER 5, 2020
This project is installing Dynamic Envelopes at multiple railroad crossings in Pinellas County.
The crossing locations are as follows:
- Alt. US 19 (Myrtle Avenue) between Hart Street and Eldridge Street in Clearwater
- Alt. US 19 (Seminole Boulevard) west of Bay Drive in Seminole
- SR 590 (Phillipe Parkway) east of Parrish Lane in Safety Harbor
- SR 60 (Court Street) west of Myrtle Avenue in Clearwater
- SR 60 (Chestnut Street) west of S Myrtle Avenue in Clearwater
- SR 688 (Ulmerton Road) at 95th Street N in Largo
- SR 693 (66th Street North) at 90th Avenue in Largo
- SR 694 (Park Boulevard) at 58th Street N in Pinellas Park
Dynamic envelopes are roadway markings used to increase safe stopping behavior and safety for both vehicular and pedestrian traffic at grade rail crossings. These markings indicate the clearance needed for trains to safely pass.
By keeping vehicles outside of the dynamic envelopes, fewer vehicles will be stopped too close to or actually on the tracks, thereby reducing the danger to vehicles, occupants, train crews, passengers and bystanders.
The goal is to positively influence driver behavior and reduce the number of incidents and injuries sustained at rail crossings.
The project began September 21, 2020 and is expected to finish in early 2021.
- There are no lane closures at this time.